Who doesn’t like simple, and you’ll find very few who don’t love sweets!! I know I do, and it seems that since we’re into fall, apples are very popular, along with pumpkins and such, but today let’s talk apples. I know quite a few people have made these little sweet treats, but some may have not. This little sweet treat I’m talking about is Apple Dumplings, but kind of cheating!! All you need is apples, crescent rolls, a can of Mt. Dew, a little butter, sugar and cinnamon, and whala, you have dumplins!!
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Mountain Dew ™
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew™ over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
So here’s a yummy dessert that you can try this weekend for a sweet treat!! Hope you enjoy….