Last night we had Lasagna roll-ups for dinner. I was going to “chop” my chicken up in my food processor, well, that thing is an animal and turned my chopped chicken into minced chicken, but it worked. It was a little tooooooo finely cut, but I had no choice, I didn’t have anymore chicken! So word of advice, don’t chop too fine, it’ll be a little dry! But, overall, they were good, I didn’t load them down with sauce, I personally don’t like a lot, and I wanted to taste the roll not the sauce. The recipe also calls for Alfredo, which would be WONDERFUL on these, but JN does not like it, so, we had marinara, all is well though!
Chicken Lasagna Rolls
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts, Roasted And Shredded, Or You Can Use Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 cup Part-skim Ricotta Cheese (I used cottage cheese)
- 1 cup Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Plus More For Topping
- ½ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 cups Alfredo Sauce, Homemade Or Store Bought
- 8 Lasagna Noodles Cooked According To Package Directions And Cooled Slightly
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, mix the cooked shredded chicken, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley and garlic until combined.
Spread a ladle or two of Alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Lay out one lasagna noodle on a cutting board, spread about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture along the noodle and roll up the noodle from one end to the other. Lay the roll seam side down in the pan on top of the alfredo sauce.
Repeat with remaining noodles and filling, laying each on top of the sauce. Top with more alfredo sauce and as much mozzarella cheese as desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through and cheese is browned slightly on top.
Here’s a Homemade Alfredo Sauce if you want to try it, it’s wonderful.