Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cups Chopped Pecans, Almonds Or Walnuts
- ⅔ cups Dark Brown Sugar (packed)
- ½ cups Jumbo Raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Apple Pie Spice
- 1-¼ cup Milk
- ¾ cups Canned Pumpkin (not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 2 whole Eggs, Large Or Jumbo Size
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste Or Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Whipping Cream (for Sauce)
- 1 cup Pure Maple Syrup (for Sauce
Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, toast the raw nuts and rolled oats for 3-5 minutes, or until they develop a warm, nutty aroma. Once toasted, pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl; add the brown sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon and apple pie spice. Stir to combine. Set aside.
In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Beat until well blended and pour this into the oat mixture. Stir to combine.
Lightly spray an 8″x8″ baking pan. Pour in the oat/pumpkin mixture and give the pan a gentle shake. Bake on the center rack of your oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set and no longer jiggles when you shake it gently. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 20 minutes or so before serving.
While the oatmeal is cooling, you can make Maple Cream to spoon over the top. In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of pure maple syrup. Warm over low heat just until it starts to bubble around the edges, whisking often. Then remove from heat.