- 1 large ripe banana (the riper, the better)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana. With an electric mixer, beat in sugar, peanut butter, water and egg whites until smooth.
- Add flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. You can make cookies as small as 1-2 tablespoonsful of batter or as large as a quarter-cupful.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until golden brown on top and set.
Makes 20 cookies.