- 1 recipe for pie crust (you’ll only use half, probably, but these can be frozen and saved for later!)
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
- little butter if wanted
- Also can brush with an egg white wash if you want…
Prepare your pie crust according to directions.
- Dust working surface and rolling-pin slightly with flour.
- Place pie pastry dough onto working surface, roll out.
- With knife, cut pie pastry into four-six equal sections.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and filling in a bowl, set aside
- spoon only 2-3 tablespoons of the filling into each cut section of pie pastry.
- fold over and with fork, seal edges by pressing down
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet which will help your turnovers be released.
- With flat metal spatula, slide folded pie pastries over to cookie sheet leaving a couple of inches in between each ‘turnover’
- With knife, slightly cut a few slashes across the turnovers in order to allow the steam to escape during baking and sprinkle with sugar.
- place on the middle rack of your preheated oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes
Glaze (optional) can serve with cool whip or ice cream
2 tsp. warm milk
a drop of vanilla
1/2 c. powdered sugar
MIx together with a whisk, making sure not to be lumpy and pour over each turnover.
Then eat one!