- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins will work)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a 4-quart slow cooker; toss well to coat. Add brown sugar and next 5 ingredients, combining well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir into apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 more hours or until apples are tender.
- Prep: 16 minutes, Cook: 6 hours
- Slow-Cooker Size: 4-quart