CP Soft Tacos
- 2 16-oz. jars mild or medium tomato-based salsa
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck pot roast, fat trimmed
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Spoon 1 cup salsa into a small bowl; reserve. In a slow cooker, combine remaining salsa with vinegar and chili powder. Add beef, cover and turn heat to low. Cook until beef shreds easily with a fork, 10 to 12 hours. Shred meat, using two forks, and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and bake until warm, about 10 minutes. Place sour cream and lettuce in bowls. Just before serving, pit, peel and dice avocado and place in a small bowl. Put out bowls (including salsa) and assemble tacos at table.