- 2-¼ cups Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 1-½ cup Uncooked Quinoa, Rinsed
- ½ teaspoons Salt (or More To Taste)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 5 cups Chopped Fresh Greens (like Spinach, Chard, Or Kale)
- 1 whole Spring Onion, Sliced Thinly (light Green And White Parts Only)
- 4 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (from 1 Large Lemon)
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Dill
- ½ cups Crumbled Feta Cheese
Bring the broth to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa and salt. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Quinoa should be light and fluffy and liquid should be cooked away.
Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add greens and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until greens have cooked down and onions are tender. (Cook time depends on the type of greens you use. Spinach takes 5-8 minutes. Chard/Kale, about 8-10 minutes.) Remove from heat and set aside.
When the quinoa and the greens are both ready, combine both into a large serving bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, dill, and feta. Toss to combine. Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
Serves about 4-6 as a side dish or 2-3 as a main dish.
Note: Spring onions look like overgrown scallions (green onions). Feel free to substitute a couple of scallions or 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion.