Menu Planning Tips
1. Check your kids/spouses schedule for the week, keep it easy on busy, time crunched nights.
2. Check your freezer, pantry, fridge for anything that needs to be used.
3. Plan big/double up example: buy a large roast, cook extra chicken or brown more hamburger, make sure you do it if you plan for it!
4. Check the sale flyers, see what’s on sale that week.
5. Keep a calendar or notebook of previous menu, refer back for old and/or new ideas if you get stuck!
5 More Menu Planning Tips
1. Try to set aside 30-45 minutes on the same day every week to plan.
2. Keep a list, if you run across ideas during the week, like on thedinnerpage.com , write it down, most have smart phones these days which have a camera or notes, take a picture I do!
3. I always take a notebook, one side is my menu for the week, usually Sun-Sun, and the other side of the paper is my grocery list, break your list down, deli, meat, canned food, etc, makes shopping quicker.
4. Designate a day to try a new recipe you found, make sure its a non-busy evening!
5. Stick with your menu, its easy to veer off, an occasional bobble is fine, following one will become a habit before you know it, and makes your life easier!