Mozzerlla Stuffed Meatball
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 whole Large Egg
- ½ cups White Onion, Finely Chopped
- ½ cups Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce (Tabasco)
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 12 pieces Mozzarella Balls (1 Inch In Size)
- FOR THE SANDWICH:
- 4 whole White Sub Rolls
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 jar Favorite Marinara Sauce (20 Oz Jar)
Mix together all of the meatball ingredients – everything except for the mozzarella balls. Mix with your hands or a heavy wooden spoon until well combined.
Next, take about 1/4 cup of the meat and form a ball. Taking your thumb, press down into the center of the meatball, and form what looks like a nest for the mozzarella ball to go into. Place 1 mozzarella ball into the center of each meatball, and form the meat around the ball, making sure that all of the sides are sealed nice and tight.
Place your stuffed meatballs into a lightly oiled baking dish, large enough to accommodate all of your meatballs. ( I used an 8×8 dish). Next place them into the oven at 350F and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
Take 4 sub rolls, slice them in half, lengthwise, and place 2-3 meatballs on each roll. Pour a little of your favorite marinara sauce over the top of the meatballs, a slice of provolone cheese, and place under the broiler till the cheese melts (about 1-2 minutes).