Pumpkin French Toast
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 3 Eggs
- 1-½ cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoons Nutmeg
- 8 slices of Texas Toast, or any 1 inch thick bread.
- Butter For Cooking
- Butter And Syrup For Serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºF.
2. Add the pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla and spices to a 9×13” baking dish.
3. Whisk them together to a smooth batter.
4. Soak the slices of bread, 4 at a time, and flip over to coat the other side too.
5. Heat a griddle or nonstick pan and add a bit if butter or vegetable oil.
6. Cook the French toast in batches until golden, 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Put the cooked slices foil-lined sheet pan and keep them warm in the oven while cooking the remaining French toast.
8. Serve hot with a pat of butter and hot maple syrup!