PW Sour Cream Noodle Bake
- 1-¼ pound Ground Chuck
- 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounces, weight Egg Noodles
- ½ cups Sour Cream
- 1-¼ cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- ½ cups Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.