Quick Breakfast tips
- Set the breakfast table the night before, even if it’s only for juice and cereal.
- French toast is another quick and easy breakfast, and a sure kid-pleaser. Add a little cinnamon to the egg batter for variety. Cut into shapes for younger children.
- Keep pancake or waffle batter in the refrigerator, ready to pour on the griddle.
- If you like to bake, you might keep a supply of muffins in the freezer, ready to warm in the microwave.
- Try making your own nutritious granola and granola bars, lots of fun recipes.
- Quesadillas or breakfast burritos just might appeal to the “grab-it-and-run” types, make burritos and freeze, pop in the microwave 2-3 minutes and they’re ready.
- Pizza for breakfast? English muffin pizzas sprinkled with cheese and microwaved are a hit with most kids, or even broil for a few minutes in the oven.
- Almost anything can be sandwiched in a biscuit; scrambled eggs, sausage patty, a small chicken patty, or a slice of ham with cheese melted on top are just a few ideas.