Sauted Chicken and Tomato Pasta
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dries basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 4 T Italian Dressing
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 tsp olive oil
Directions:Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes, dressing and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese