Shredded Beef Tacos
- 2 pounds Flat-cut Beef Brisket, Trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, Diced
- 12 ounces, fluid Mexican Beer (used: Negra Model)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced And Smashed
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Canned Chipotle Chiles En Adobo
- ¼ cups Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ cups Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Scallions, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt (used: Original Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt)
- Salt To Taste
- 24 Warmed Corn Tortillas
- 2 Avocados, Peeled, Pitted And Diced
- Premade Pico De Gallo (used: Local Produce Department Brand H-E-B)
In a large Dutch oven, brown beef in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
Once all of the sides are browned, remove brisket to a plate. Add onions to pan and sauté until lighly browned.
Then add beer and deglaze pan.
Meanwhile, rub brisket on both sides with minced garlic and salt, then chipotles.
Remove beer and onion mixture from heat and carefully lower meat into pot and cover tightly with lid.
Place in a 350 degree F oven for 3 hours.
Remove brisket from oven, pull it out of the pot and place brisket on a cutting board to cool. When it’s cool enough to touch, shred meat with a fork and your fingers and transfer back to remaining cooking liquid in pot (there won’t be much, maybe a cup – if there is more than one cup in the pot, pour some off).
Mix in lime juice, cilantro and scallions. Stir the meat with the other ingredients until well combined. Add salt to taste.
Serve the meat mixture in warm corn tortillas topped with pico de gallo and cubed avocado.