Snicker stuffed cookie
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine
(I usually combine these and use 1 stick butter)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag mini Snickers (must be mini — not fun size)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream together shortening, margarine/butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
3. Add egg, stir.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder and baking soda, mix thoroughly.
5. Pinch off a small amount of dough and flatten. Place mini Snickers in the middle and wrap edges of dough around candy until covered. Roll into a ball. (I don’t have any specific measurement for this; I just go with what looks right.)
6. Repeat until you run out of Snickers or dough — whatever comes first.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes, or until top of cookies are very very lightly browned. Be careful not to overbake — Yields 24-36 cookies, depending on size.
Tip: Unwrap the Snickers BEFORE you mix the batter. If you try to do it as you’re rolling the pieces of candy up in the dough, you’ll find that your fingers are too coated with the butter and peanut butter to be able to function..