- 10 whole Medium-sized Portobello Mushrooms (baby Bella)
- 2 whole Shallots, Peeled And Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Peeled And Minced
- ⅓ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 cup Italian-style Dried Bread Crumbs
- 2 dashes Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ½ cups Spinach Leaves, Torn Into Small Pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 whole Egg
- ½ cups Grated Mozzarella Or Parmesan
1. Pull out the stems of each mushroom, and dice the stems into small pieces. In a medium pan, sautee shallots, garlic, and mushroom stem pieces with a little bit of olive oil.
2. In a bowl, stir the bread crumbs, a dash or two of salt and pepper to taste, the saute mixture, and the spinach. Mix in the melted butter, then the egg.
3. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms, and arrange on the baking sheet. Drizzle remaining oil over in each mushroom, focusing on getting the sides of the mushroom more than the filling. Put a little pile of cheese over each mushroom.
4. Bake at 400°F until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and cheese is golden on top, about 20 minutes