- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 package (about 1 Oz. Packet) Taco Seasoning
- ¾ cups Water
- 1 can (15 Oz. Can) Dark Red Kidney Beans, Drained
- 1 head Lettuce
- 1 whole Tomato Diced
- ½ cups Shredded Cheese (I Use A Mexican Blend)
- Catalina Dressing (I Use Fat Free) and mix half/half Taco Sauce
- ½ bags (11 Oz. Bag) Crushed Doritos (Nacho Flavor)
In a pan on the stovetop, brown the ground beef. Once it has been browned, drain the excess juice from the pan. Add the packet of taco seasoning, water and drained dark red kidney beans and stir. Allow to simmer on low-medium heat uncovered until the juice has cooked down.
Once the meat mixture is done, take off the burner and set to the side to cool while you prepare the salad.
Wash and chop the head of lettuce and place in a large bowl. Add in the diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. Add the meat mixture and the Catalina dressing and toss until well mixed. I always add in the Doritos last, so that the dressing doesn’t make them soggy. Feel free to adjust the amount of Doritos (or any ingredient for that matter) to your liking.