Twice Baked Potato Casserole
5 lbs of potatoes; peeled and diced
6 tablespoons of Butter
2/12 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions(optional)
1/2 Cup Cooked Bacon Chopped up(I use the bacon in the little bags)
2 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
Pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly coat a 3 qt. shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Cook potatoes in just enough water to cover for 20 – 25 minutes, until tender when pierced.
4. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
5. Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth.
6. Stir in 2 c. cheese, milk, sourcream and eggs until blended.
7. Then add onions and bacon bits, reserving a few tablespoons of each for garnish.
8. Stir in salt and pepper.
9. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
10. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c. cheese and bacon.
11. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is lightly golden.
12. Sprinkle with remaining onions.